Are you planning on replacing a commercial door lock and feeling a bit overwhelmed? Does the instruction booklet included with new lock look like it was written in a foreign language? We understand the frustration and want to help. The professionals at Rocket Locksmith have compiled a list of helpful, step-by-step instructions for changing out a commercial door lock.
Step by Step Guide to Installing a Commercial Door Lock
- Open box and lay out new lockset on a flat surface in the order you unassemble it (they usually come assembled)
- Uninstall the old latch
- Remove old and replace it with the new latchbolt
- Install the new cylindrical housing where you removed the old one, inside the hole in the door
- Put the outer rose insert over the support plate
- Put the inner support plate over the lever sleeve. Screw into place
- Fasten the inner rose insert to the inside support plate. Use two of the shorter screws for this step
- Slide the inner lever over the lever sleeve. Click this into place
- Install the outer lever with the key cylinder over the sleeve lever. Click this into place
With this easy how-to guide, changing your commercial door lock just got much less complicated. At Rocket Locksmith, we are dedicated to our St. Louis community and fostering a professional and friendly relationship with our customers. Call our knowledgeable staff at 314-899-2469 with any questions.
Don’t want to install that lock yourself? Call us!
At Rocket Locksmith, securing your home, business and personal property is our number one priority. We only employ highly trained and qualified Locksmiths, who are readily available day or night. Like our name implies, we are proud of our reputation for having fast, reliable and affordable Locksmithing services. Call us for all your Locksmithing needs at 314-899-2469!